In this 12-bottle case we have selected some of our favourite keenly priced low intervention wines (made as naturally as possible, no use of additives, tiny amount of So2). A World apart from mass-produced and/or processed wines, these little numbers come from vineyards organically tended and are made by winegrowers who really care about producing delicious and authentic wines.
8 reds + 4 whites
Save 5% and free delivery in the 26 Counties.
2 bottles each of:
Red: GRAN CERDO TEMPRANILLO, Rioja Region, Spain
- In the end Gran Cerdo is all about the purest expression of fruit with whole bunch fermentation, no filtration, no stabilization and minimal sulphites. The wine has real character, all the juicy elements of Tempranillo, with no oak to mask its charm. With its cherry-red, purplish, brilliant colour, Gran Cerdo reveals primary notes of fresh fruit, strawberries, raspberries, cherries and violets with clean mineral tones from the granite. This little natural wine is phenomenal value.
“A large proportion of inexpensive Spanish Tempranillo tastes over-oaked and confected. This unoaked version had good clean cherry fruits, nice supporting acidity and a cleansing minerality. Well-made wine at the price.” John Wilson IRISH TIMES
Red: ANTICA ENOTRIA, VINO ROSSO, Puglia, Italy
- Enotria Vino Rosso is a blend of mainly Nero di Troia with Sangiovese, Montepulciano – Bright and juicy, red fruit and violet on the nose leading to ripe forest fruit and fresh red cherries on the palate. Soft texture with firm but ripe tannins on the finish. Great with anything tomato and cheese based and also with anything chargrilled and smoky too, meat or veg. based.
Red: CHATEAU TIRE PÉ DIEM, Bordeaux, France
- Tire Pé Diem is a Merlot harvested by hand and de-stemmed. Each plot is picked and fermented separately. The grapes undergo a short 8 to 12 day cool maceration for a soft extraction. The wine is aged for eight to ten months in concrete tanks, after which the wine is bottled unfined, with super light filtration.
Buoyant and fruity on the palate, Diem is packed with juicy red currant, crushed plum and sweet herbs. This is a pretty red with an easy fruity profile and a lingering finish.
Red: SANTA DUC LES PLANS, Rhône, France
- Les Plans is a blend of Grenache (50%), Syrah (20%), Merlot (15%) and Cabernet Sauvignon (10%) and 5% other varietals. It is blended from Grenache and Merlot grown on estate-owned plots, mainly in Roaix, with some purchased fruit. This is an authentic, full-flavoured Southern Rhone wine, a touch rustic, but with real power and complexity.
White: ANTICA ENOTRIA PUGLIA BIANCO, Puglia, Italy
- Bianco a blend of Falanghina and Fiano is light and elegant with floral notes and subtle pear hints ending with a mineral kick
White: JUDITH BECK, WEISSBURGUNDER (PINOT BLANC), Burgenland, Austria
- Picked by hand,Weissburgunder (aka Pinot Blanc) is matured for 6 months in oak casks on the entire lees and is fragrant and refreshing. Pale golden-yellow colour, refreshing aromas of citrus, pears and white peaches. Full-bodied and well structured on the palate with balanced fruit, acidity and a long finish. It is showing a bright lemon yellow in colour, with youthful green hints. Aromas of fresh green apples are accompanied by an attractive spiciness. Exotic fruit and ripe citrus flavours perfectly balance this wine’s refreshing acidity.